“Thank you so much! See you again in 2021.”
SEOUL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SPEECH SCIENCES (SICSS 2019)
15-16 November 2019, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
“Speech Sciences Moving Forward: New Methods, Data and Populations”
The Korean Society of Speech Sciences (KSSS) will host the Seoul International Conference on Speech Sciences 2019 (SICSS 2019) between 15 and 16 November 2019 at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. Founded in 1935, the KSSS is devoted to theoretical research and practical applications of speech in phonetics, speech engineering, speech disorders, and cognitive sciences. It publishes the academic journal, “Phonetics and Speech Sciences,” four times a year. It also hosts conferences twice a year and organises workshops and training programs. The theme for SICSS 2019 is “Speech Sciences Moving Forward: New Methods, Data and Populations.” If you are interested in what happened at SICSS 2017, please visit here.
Call for Papers
Submissions are invited in any of the following technical topic areas:
- Phonetics (Theoretical & Experimental)
- Applied Phonetics
- Speech Perception & Production
- Experimental Phonology
- Speech Disorders
- Hearing Disorders
- Speech Synthesis & Recognition
- Speech Coding
- Speech Analysis & Processing
- Pronunciation Teaching & Learning
- Other Areas in Phonetics and Speech Sciences
- Paper presentation: 20 minutes (15 minute talk + 5 minute discussion)
- Poster presentation: 60 minutes
- Abstract submission opens: Wednesday, 1 May 2019
- Abstract submission deadline:
Saturday, 31 August 2019Monday, 16 September 2019
- Notification to be sent within two weeks of receiving the abstract.
- Early bird registration opens: Monday, 19 August 2019
- Author registration deadline: Monday, 30 September 2019
- Early bird registration deadline: Thursday, 31 October 2019
- Conference: 15-16 November 2019
- Seok-Chae Rhee, Yonsei Univ. (Conference Chair)
- Hyunsong Chung, Korea National Univ. of Education (Chair of the Organising Committee)
- Min Hwa Chung, Seoul National Univ. (Site Chair)
- Hansang Park, Hongik Univ. (Programme Chair)
- Chul-Hee Choi, Daegu Catholic Univ.
- Seong Hee Choi, Daegu Catholic Univ.
- Chris Davis, Western Sydney Univ., Australia
- Jeffrey Holliday, Korea Univ.
- Ki-Hyung Hong, Sungshin Univ.
- Jaeock Kim, Kangnam Univ.
- Eon-Suk Ko, Chosun Univ.
- Eun Jong Kong, Korea Aerospace Univ.
- Joo-Kyeong Lee, Univ. of Seoul
- Sang-Im Lee-Kim, National Chiao Tung Univ., Taiwan
- Seunghun Lee, International Christian Univ., Japan
- Wai Sum Vanti Lee, City Univ. of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Peggy Mok, The Chinese Univ. of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jeong-sik Park, Hankuk Univ. of Foreign Studies
- Stefan Werner, Univ. of Eastern Finland, Finland
- SICSS 2019 Organising Committee
- The Korean Society of Speech Sciences
- Tel: +82-70-8275-2821
- Fax: +82-505-837-7169
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Homepage: http://www.sicss.or.kr/; https://sicss2019.wordpress.com/
- SNU Center for Humanities & Information
- SNU Linguistics Department
- Sogang University
- Konan Technology
- ReadSpeaker Korea
- Selvas AI